There are as many approaches to treating addiction as there are people in need of recovery. One of the ways that addiction specialists think about who needs what degree of treatment involves what we call the levels of care. The level of care called “partial hospitalization,” also referred to as a “PHP,” is the most intensive for patients who are not residents at our facilities. That is, partial hospitalization gives you all of the treatment options of a residential rehab program, while you live at home or in a sober-care facility.
What is a Partial Hospitalization Program?
A PHP is a step that many people battling addiction take after they have been through a residential addiction treatment program or a drug and alcohol detox program. In the early stages of addiction, it is often critical that a patient lives on-site and only leaves under exceptional circumstances. Enrolling in a partial hospitalization program gives you the same level of structure and accountability, but also gives you the flexibility to sleep away from the center, either at home or in community housing.
A partial hospitalization program like the ones at many of Amatus Recovery Centers allows patients transitioning from an inpatient or detox program a chance to move into a more flexible program that still offers a high level of structure and support. A candidate for one of our PHPs may have received some initial care for their substance abuse problem but is now having trouble managing their symptoms. Or you might need help with medication management. Perhaps you have never been through detox or a residential program, but the severity of your addiction does not require such a high level of care. Whatever the case, PHP addiction treatment provides a highly structured environment for up to six hours a day while you reside at home or in sober-living community housing with peers who are also in the program.
The Benefits of PHP Addiction Treatment at Amatus Recovery Centers
In our partial hospitalization programs at Amatus Recovery Centers, we create custom treatment plans for each patient that comes through our doors. According to the National Institute on Drug Abuse, ensuring that a plan suits an individual’s needs is an essential principle of effective treatment. In addition to this kind of individualized, patient-centered care, there are many general advantages to enrolling in a partial hospitalization program. These include:
- Partial hospitalization is less expensive than more costly inpatient programs. Because there is no residential component, top-rated facilities like the PHPs you will find at Amatus Recovery Centers can offer the same treatment and amenities at a lower price.
- As a result of the above fact, more insurance companies tend to cover PHPs like ours. Again, this is because they are less costly than their residential counterparts while providing a similar level of care.
- The services that we offer in our PHPs at Amatus Recovery Centers are an important but often overlooked step between residential and less intensive forms of outpatient care. PHPs are an essential step on the road to reintegration into everyday life.
- Many PHPs allow the recovering patient to participate in family life and even fulfill the obligations of work or school while continuing to receive the highest standard of care.
Partial hospitalization is not for everyone. But if this level of care sounds like it might benefit you or someone you care about, the many PHP addiction treatments that we offer at Amatus Recovery Centers might be the right choice for you.
Learn More at About PHPs at Amatus Recovery Centers
In all of our PHPs at Amatus Recovery Centers, we offer state of the art medical care, intense individualized therapy plans, and an added focus on family and community health. If you need help but are not sure where to start, one of these programs might be right for you:
- Awakenings Recovery Center in Hagerstown, MD
- Blueprint Recovery Center in Concord, NH
- Foundations Recovery Center in Woodlawn, MD, right outside of Baltimore
- Fresh Start Recovery Center in Gaithersburg, Maryland
- Georgia Addiction Treatment Center in Peachtree City, GA, just south of Atlanta
- Midwest Recovery Center in Toledo, OH
- Ohio Treatment Center in Toledo, OH
In our partial hospitalization programs, we’ll give you the tools you need for lasting sobriety. Learn more by reaching out to our PHPs online, or by contacting us at 833.631.0525. Find the strength to take your life back today.