Most people recognize the word “rehab” but may have a tough time telling you exactly what it is. That’s where the Rehabilitation Definition comes in. The Rehabilitation Definition is a set of interventions designed to improve the way individuals operate in their daily lives by overcoming difficulties. People suffering from drug or alcohol addiction can seek rehabilitation to get their life back on track. Most drug addiction recovery centers also offer psychiatric rehabilitation to restore the individual’s mental well-being.
If you or a loved one would benefit from rehabilitative care, reach out to Amatus Recovery Centers today to speak to a professional.
The Rehabilitation Definition
The first stage of drug rehab involves evaluation and assessment. Addiction treatment professionals carry out tests and interviews to evaluate your situation and discern the best remedies. Next is medical detoxification, where the drug’s chemical substances are flushed out of your bloodstream under medical supervision.
After the withdrawal symptoms disappear, you then begin your specialized substance abuse treatment program. This involves group and individual counseling sessions, skill-building practices, and meaningful leisure activities. During this stage, you will also undergo other addiction treatment therapies such as:
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy program
- Trauma therapy program
- Family therapy program
- Dialectical behavior therapy program
After the treatment program ends, you can join a suitable aftercare program to help you continue to lead a sober life after rehabilitation.
The Rehabilitation Definition – Different Types
Drug rehab programs can be categorized into two types:
Residential Rehabilitation Programs
Residential programs require the individual to live in the rehab facility full-time for a set period, depending on the requirements of their treatment program. These programs are suitable for extreme cases that require twenty-four-hour care.
Outpatient Rehabilitation Programs
These programs don’t require the patient to live in the rehab facility. The patient attends rehab for several hours during the day and goes back home in the evening. They are designed for people who need to maintain a presence at home or work during treatment and for mild addiction cases. Outpatient programs can further be subdivided into partial hospitalization programs and intensive outpatient programs.
The Rehabilitation Definition – Benefits
Rehab facilities offer an environment with optimal conditions for you to recover successfully. Rehabilitation does not take a one-size-fits-all approach. It is highly customized because each individual usually has unique needs, goals, and preferences.
In addition to helping you conquer your addiction or mental health problem, rehabilitation has other benefits such as:
- Routines incorporated into therapy programs provide a structure that helps to replace self-destructive habits with healthy ones.
- Rehabilitation centers provide a supportive environment with people who understand what you are going through. You also get to be amongst peers who will offer a support system vital for long-term sobriety.
- If you enroll in a residential rehab program, you will have access to round the clock medical support. This ensures that you get through detox and withdrawal stages safely and in optimal health.
- Counselors at rehab centers help you uncover the underlying issues that influence your drug addiction. This is important because you can then develop new coping skills that don’t involve drugs.
- Rehab centers also offer post-treatment programs that will help you overcome any challenges you might face outside rehab.
Find the Best Rehabilitation Program for You or Your Loved One at Amatus Recovery Centers
Overcoming drug or alcohol addiction at home can be daunting and sometimes unsafe. But you don’t have to face this challenge alone. Our team of medical professionals at Amatus Recovery Centers is ready to help. We will equip you with the tools to conquer your addiction as safely and as soon as possible.
Are you or someone you know ready to begin the journey to a sober and happy life? Contact Amatus Recovery Centers by calling 833.631.0525 or completing our secure online form to get recommendations for an ideal rehabilitation program.