Methamphetamine, also known as “meth” or “crystal meth,” affects the user both physically and psychologically; experts indicate that meth leads to severe short- and long-term impacts. The addictive nature of the drug gravely impacts the user’s quality of life in numerous ways, from affecting employment to ruining relationships. Additionally, the severe effect on a person’s health makes it necessary to seek help from a meth addiction treatment program like the ones offered at Amatus Recovery Centers.
If you or someone close to you is battling a substance use disorder, the meth addiction treatment program at Amatus Recovery Centers is a great place to start. Our team of experts has years of experience helping people learn how to overcome their meth addiction, and we can do the same for you. Learn more by contacting us today by calling 833.631.0525 or completing our online form.
The Importance of a Meth Addiction Treatment Program
It’s challenging for a person to stop taking meth once they are addicted—chronic abuse of crystal meth results in long-lasting changes to the brain. If an individual struggling with meth addiction attempts to quit the drug abruptly, they are likely to experience severe withdrawal symptoms, including intense depression and a range of physical symptoms. The symptoms are often so intense that they result in relapse, or in some cases, lasting damage to physical or mental health. In particularly severe cases, unsupervised detox from meth and other substances can even lead to death.
At Amatus Recovery Centers, our meth addiction treatment centers offer specialized treatment services to help addicts on their recovery journey. We pride ourselves on individualizing each client’s plan to their specific needs. One of the ways that we do this is by offering all of the levels of care so that no matter where you are on your recovery journey, we can accommodate your needs.
- Medically supervised detox – In a detox program like the one at Amatus Recovery Centers, patients receive around-the-clock care as the substances leave their body and the first steps on the road to recovery begin. Our clinical team will be present to help ease withdrawal symptoms and ensure that you are as comfortable as possible.
- Inpatient care – In an inpatient or “residential” treatment program, participants stay in a drug-free facility 24/7 under the constant supervision of our clinical staff. This level of care helps to relieve withdrawal symptoms and prevent relapse.
- Partial hospitalization program (PHP) – Our PHP is an intensive addiction treatment program that will equip you with the right skills to enhance your recovery. Although you will sleep at home or in a sober living situation, you will be spending the majority of your time at the center.
- Intensive outpatient program (IOP) – Our IOP is an integral rehab approach that propels you towards sobriety. It allows you to begin putting your sobriety into practice in the outside world while continuing to give you the structured support that you need to continue your recovery.
- Sober living – Our sober living program is suitable if you’ve completed your treatment program at Amatus Recovery Centers, but your living situation does not provide the support you need to maintain your sobriety.
Treatment Options for Meth Withdrawal and Addiction
Currently, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has not approved any medications to treat meth addiction. As a result, health experts have not identified any drugs that effectively counteract the effects of meth. The National Institute of Drug Abuse (NIDA) also continues to conduct research and experiments to determine a specific medication that can help individuals addicted to meth.
Although this means that medication-assisted treatment is not explicitly associated with meth recovery, there is a wide range of therapeutic approaches the addiction specialists at Amatus have at their disposal. Among these are:
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy – CBT involves individual therapy programs. You will work one-on-one with an addiction counselor to get at the root causes of your addictive behaviors and develop strategies for sustained sobriety.
- The Matrix Model – the Matrix Model is a program that lasts for 16 weeks, over the course of which participants undergo behavioral therapy, counseling, and family education, among other treatment strategies.
- Contingency management – The contingency management program is a rewards system where the therapists recognize and reward the recovering addict’s efforts.
- Gender-specific treatment – In our women’s rehab center, women are given a safe environment in which they can share their experiences and freely receive help. Likewise, in the men’s rehab center, men are given the opportunity to build a strong network of men battling similar addiction issues, encouraging them to share their ideas and support each other.
Find Relief from Meth Addiction at Amatus Recovery Centers
If you or someone close to you is battling meth addiction, there is hope. The best way to get started is by checking into a meth addiction treatment program like the ones at Amatus Recovery Centers. At Amatus, you’ll learn vital skills to enhance your recovery and facilitate long-term sobriety. Contact us at 833.631.0525 or reach out to us online for more information on our addiction treatment programs.